Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Heading for 62 times around the sun

The pic Julie uses in Facebook

I get a 'birthday' next week (and I'll probably be at the 'day job') but what keeps me going (and pretty healthy and happy) are Julie, Dandy the dog, my children: Keili Olsen (Pentaphobe), Yolande Philpott and Matilda (my daughter and grand-daughter 'Tilda'), my daughter Finlay Pearl, my fellow conspirator in creativity Bobby Campbell, my fellow juggling madman Mr Jules, all the NoFit State crew (past and present), all the other Illuminauts, any fellow jugglers and magicians, the Cardiff Library crew (you know who you are), my sisters Julia (and all her children, and new grandchild) and Judith (& her son Luke), and all the people who gave me fun, hope, cheerfulness and optimism over the last few years...









Dandy sympathising when I had a cold and felt rotten
Much thanks to my parents (long gone) and to anyone who touched my life and encouraged me to keep going...you know who you are...

a couple of tired dogs

For amusement - in reverse order (what else?)

The Mighty Boosh, Shameless, Skins, Spaced, Black Books, George Carlin, Monty Python, Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, Peter Sellers, Spike Milligan, W.C.Fields, Buster Keaton, and so on and so on, back through all the fools in history....

And all the contemporary manifestations of such, from Crissie Trigger and the Raree Show to Franki Anderson and her Fool projects, Robert Anton Wilson and all the Maybe Logicians, from DJ Fly Agaric to Borsky the 'pataphysician, to anyone who doubts the simple realities they got offered in childhood...
Buddhist Patriarch and Tiger'    (Anonymous - 13th Century)                    from Two Patriarchs Harmonising their Minds
Let's keep going with the 'blessings' of Bucky Fuller, and Bob Wilson, R.D.Laing and Maslow, Korzybski and all the weird Quantum Physicists - the passivist anarchists, the revolutionary pacifists of non-violence and non-resistance... all the crazy optimists and dreamers and futurists...



Peace.

4 comments:

trigger said...

Thank You and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you I'm right behind you in May. My lovely soul brother. I will love you always. From "across the pond" I wish you all the best for you 63 year.
Crissie T

The Purple Gooroo said...

Happy Birthday, Water Brother! (I'm an air sign, though - but still...figured I'd throw in a 'Stranger In A Strange Land' reference)

It's been super cool communicating with you over the past year and I hope to keep doing so...onward and outward!

Peace!

Julie Shackson said...

Happy belated birthday lovely man; only just saw this! xxjxx

Toby said...

Heh heh - now I'm heading for 65 times around the sun...

No idea where I got that 'planet' from (?)

Bad astronomy, I guess...

Related Posts with Thumbnails