Friday, May 28, 2004

This can't be right! I'm only smart, not a genius....

A few weeks ago I did an online IQ test which I didn't have a lot of faith in - they are dubious enough at the best of times - as it only took a maximum of 13 minutes. I think I took about 10 (and I get credits for being old, too).

It says I am a genius. Normally IQ tests mark me out in the 135 range, but this one gave me 162. I don't believe a word of it (it's too simple a test) but of course I am telling you all about it! I decided to go and look at their breakdown (for a few dollars). Perhaps they just set it on the flattering side to make their bucks.

I am not bragging so much (heh), as asking other people (especially people who have been measured before) to go try, and tell me whether it is hard or not. Perhaps one or two of the questions were similar to things I have seen before, or something...

It's free (unless you want the detailed report) and it takes a maximum of 13 minutes...so try it, and come back and use 'comments' to let me know....

And no, I didn't cheat on the time.....in fact it says I am a slow old thing....I probably shouldn't have gone back for a quick double check of my responses before posting it...

1 comment:

Toby said...

Aha, I read their site more closely, and they said you might get an inaccurate reading if you go back to double check - so getting good results, but taking too long.
A genius would have got 162 in 7 minutes....if I took ten, then the score is skewed....

Hey ho - it's all just mental exercise to me - I don't really care what they measure me as - I mean - what do they know? Who they?

Related Posts with Thumbnails