Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Great Man

Anyone who hates dogs and children can't be all bad...
I was delighted to see that the Academy of Motion Pictures has an exhibition of WC Fields memorabilia. I reckon he seems long overdue for rehabilitation of his movies. I also heard a rumour of a release of a new DVD set, which includes at least one hard-to-find treasure, The Man on The Flying Trapeze! Although it looks as though the Pre-order only exists for people in the USA (doh!)
Anyway - sooner or later I may get The Old Fashioned Way, Man on the Flying Trapeze, You're Telling Me!, Poppy and Never Give a Sucker an Even Break - Whoopee!

2 comments:

trigger said...

If you want me to order it for you let me know, I'll be getting one as you have alertedt me too it.
yippee

Toby said...

Excellent! Thanks.

I'll keep an eye on it, in case I get a local release, but if they only release Zone 1 DVDs I'll contact you about getting one that I can (at least) watch on a computer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails