Thursday, January 25, 2007

Diwrnod Santes Dwynwen Hapus i chi’i gyd!

Happy St. Dwynwen’s Day to you all!

People who know me realise that I don't have a religious bone in my body, so may feel puzzled at my celebrating a Saint's Day (Catholic!)

Recently in Wales people have begun celebrating this day more than St Valentine's - as St. Dwynwen has the role of patron saint of lovers (and sick animals).

When I looked her up, I found her quoted as saying something that sounded exactly like my favourite author, humourist and thinker (who just died) - Robert Anton Wilson. It seemed appropriate.

Nothing wins hearts like cheerfulness


Bob (in wheelchair) clowning with Paul Krassner at the Prophets' Con 2000

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Toby - have you learned any Welsh then, since you've been in Cardiff? Ann N

Related Posts with Thumbnails