Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Just read Boomeritis. I have never been a great Ken Wilber fan (I design and research my own eclectic systems). For broad-spectrum discussion of human potential I'd choose chatty old Colin Wilson, and for cultural criticism with jokes I'd pick Robert Anton Wilson.

I enjoyed it enough - even if it does get a bit dry and heavy at times. At least jokes against ourselves are usually good value. Even self-referential jokes.

In the spirit of self-reference, I will quote the book probably talking immodestly about itself (!):

"that is why the great post-modern novel will never be written. But if somebody ever managed to pull it off, it would indeed be a heartbreaking work of staggering genius." pp 324-6

It does not appear to be that good to me, but it's quite amusing if you haven't read this kind of thing before.....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails