Sunday, December 24, 2006

It ain't a fit night out for man or beast

'Tain't a Fit Night Out...
Ah me. In this Kafkaesque world where I do not understand how things work, I still put a foot wrong pretty often. For a life-long veggie, atheist, anti-capitalist the Turkey/Jesus/Shopping festival confuses me. In terms of family, my dad died in 1978, my mum in 1994, and my children and grand-child live too far away for me to visit right now...as do my sister and her children...
...for man...
At least Bob's DJ show on Radio 2 [Listen again, here] came through with some wonderful, eccentric Xmas music. Julie works today and tomorrow, so it just seems like Sunday to me. Tomorrow (Monday) which the locals call Christmas Day, I only usually commemorate as the day W.C.Fields died (a good enough excuse for a drink).
[images from The Fatal Glass of Beer]...or beast!


Mr Dylan offered a cool yule quote from Dickens' The Pickwick Papers (chapter 28):
Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveller, thousands of miles away, back to his own fireside and his quiet home!

As Bob said "written in 1836, and a far cry from Bah Humbug!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails