Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Sleepy Head

I do seem to have been dozy recently. I have a dozen theories, of course. It's the summer, and I should be in a hammock; I have done a 9-5 job for the last six years (first time in my life) but the body clock is still nocturnal; Since Julie went onto Atkins, I have been feeding myself, so maybe my nutritional balance is getting a bit 'bachelor'; I am approaching 60, so perhaps I am expecting too much from an ageing system; after Glastonbury (ten days of more or less waking and sleeping as I felt like it) my system doesn't like the clock-time regime; for whatever reason I am in retreat from social involvement, and always edging towards my 'day-dream' mode of internal exploration; etc.

Yawn, yawn....

Perhaps it's the drugs? The coffee isn't strong enough? There is a lingering effect of smoking? I mean, I didn't even drink much at all in Glastonbury...I drink more at home, what with all the visitors and birthdays, etc - fizzy drinks for grown-ups...

Of course, it all goes back to the siesta - when I was in Spain, I used to have a lunchtime drink on purpose, to induce the snooze function that goes with this hot, humid weather.

Yawn, yawn....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails