Thursday, July 08, 2004

Slovenia is on the agenda for 2005

I saw Mr Jules again tonight, for a 'business meeting'. He has taken on the fairly thankless task of organising a European Juggling Convention in Slovenia for 2005.

I am up for it, even if I am a lapsed juggler. I enjoyed the adventures that juggling led me into (including ending up running an unorthodox convention of my own in Spain in 1986). There's no money in it. No up-front money to lubricate the negotiations, and no profit at the end as a reward.

You don't have to be crazy to work here, but if you aren't crazy, you must be plain stupid...

Anyway, there he is, trying to make it work, more or less on his own - and I will certainly do what I can to help. The best I can offer these days is to be an anchor man (same address, same email, same webpage, still here a year later...)

I will keep you up-to-date with what I know, but it's a sub-culture thing. Unless you think a creative european youth culture is something we should invest our time and money in (as I do).

All contributions of ideas, money, connections, etc very welcome.

No idea too crazy...

As Jules' publicity says "No gig to far, no fee too big".

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails