Monday, February 21, 2005

Farewell, Hunter

I feel too miserable at this news to do more than publish this piece from Ratatosk:

'And so it is that we, as men, do not exist until we do; and then it is that we play with our world of existent things, and order and disorder them, and so it shall be that non-existence shall take us back from existence and that nameless spirituality shall return to Void, like a tired child home from a very wild circus.' - Lord Omar K Ravenhurst

Don't be sad, don't feel sorrow... This man shouted to the Universe "Sir, I exist", and in response, the Universe said to him "We know, you smoked our stash".

Hunter in his prime

For Gonzo... that was one HELLUVA circus. And in vision I saw and look, sitting at the left foot of Eris, a Jester, with little cardboard squares on his hat instead of bells. And he looked up unto Eris and said unto her: "Damn it, woman, why don't you get rid of all of these bats!" And Eris laughed, took a hit from his hat and said "I'm glad your back home, Hunter." And a chorus sang unto him, "Hosanna, Hosanna, Kallisti and LSD" and to welcome him home to the Void stood all of the Great Ones. There to hand him a jay, was Kerry Thornley. To freshen his drink, was Douglas Adams with a real Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster. Then the great Shroom Pope himself stood and appointed Hunter as the Patron Saint of Alterations and Dry Cleanings of the Mind. And Hunter spoke and said "Damn Tim, you look silly in that big Pope Hat with the Mushroom on it..." And The Leary spoke saying "Wait till you see yours!" Then Eris looked into my eyes and said, "See, he's just fine. Now run along and be happy. For a new child of Eris has been born this very day who will raise above even these ones. Now, I am gonna take all these guys to my room... and you can't watch! SHOOOOO"... and in speaking she exhaled smoke, a cloud larger and larger, streaming from her mouth. My vision clouded, blurred and suddenly I came to, in the wrong lane of oncomming traffic on Interstate-270. And I swear I could hear laughing on the far range of my hearing.
Ratatosk, Squirrel of Discord

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails