Sunday, August 22, 2004

The Great Magician

I am looking for a short story with that title, which I loved and have lost any copy of.

It was published in Evergreen Review 13 (the 'Pataphysical edition)...which I don't have a copy of any more, but I highly recommend if you can find it.

I suspect that it was one of the short stories by Jean Ferry. What makes me suspicious is that it is very similar to this short story called The Secret Society, which I have stuck up on a temporary page while I dig around...

And I never could work out how much funnier 'Pataphysics might seem if you were a member of the college...

[LATER] Hey! waddya know - I found it in my mysterious filing system - joke boxes of paper which have trailed around with me for years, much to the amusement of friends...I'll type it up tomorrow as this copy is too faint to scan OCR (sigh) - and it's by Rene Daumal (from same edition of Evergreen).....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails