Saturday, May 01, 2004

Oz Tentacles -

A bit of random browsing led me to notice that "Oz: a rock and roll road movie" is finally being issued on DVD.

This was the movie made by friends of mine in London (the people who let me live in the shed at the bottom of their garden) which I thought was very funny indeed, but it got a bit overshadowed by the release of The Wiz (!)

In this version the Cowardly Lion is a timid Hell's Angel, the Scarecrow is a spaced-out surfer, the Tin Man is a greasy mechanic, the Wizard is a Bowie-like rock star, the Wicked Witch of the North is a sinister truck/truck driver......I leave the rest to your imagination....

I even tracked down a copy in an OZ video store a while ago, but couldn't talk them into selling it to me. So FINALLY I can get to see it again. It's a pre-order for May 19th

Recommended!

Big hello to Chris Lofven and Lyne Helms!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails