Friday, January 31, 2003

It's 2 in the morning. I went to Pete's funeral/wake today. The thunder clapped just before the curtains closed and the country music kicked in....and when we went outside it was snowing for about five minutes.... Nice one Pete.

Then we had a blazing sun in a blue sky to get to The Globe. Once we were safely in the pub (with drinks on Pete) the snow swirled down, and settled, changing everyone's plans a little....

Meanwhile, I hear from Julie in 33ÂșC out in Thailand.... probably up with the hill tribes now.

A Sad and Lonesome Day.

Yeh, OK I'm playing Bob in the small hours 'Love and Theft' -

and can I just stick in this from the ceremony for Pete, Chris said: (misquoting Mr Dylan with respect):

When I saw Pete say "goodbye" to his friends and smile
I thought that it was well understood
That he'd be comin' back in a little while
I didn't know that he was sayin' "goodbye" for good

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails